Bus Conversion Day 2
[vc_row type="in_container" scene_position="center" text_color="dark" text_align="left" overlay_strength="0.3"][vc_column column_padding="no-extra-padding" column_padding_position="all" background_color_opacity="1" background_hover_color_opacity="1" width="1/1"][vc_column_text]We made some stellar headway on the bus today. All of the seats were removed with the exception of one seat. We also started tearing out the ceiling. Our goal is to completely gut the bus in order to have it spray foamed. A few things we learned on Day 2:
- Brute strength served us well on removing the seats. We used the angle grinder for one seat, but found it to be a lot easier to remove the bolts on the window side and then muscle the seat out. (watch video)
- There are a lot of rivets! After googling and searching forms on how to remove the rivets, we found it most efficient to use a nail punch and hammer. After they were punched out, one of us went along with a chisel and went section by section. It was time consuming, but it worked.